Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Are You a Candland?

Most of the Candlands in the USA are descended from David Candland of Highgate, England (1819-1902). The pedigree chart below shows his genealogy as recorded at http://www.familysearch.org. As you can see the records do not go back very far.


My friend Bradley, a professional genealogist and whiz kid extraordinaire, pointed out that this research leaves much to be desired. Note that the Candlands lived in Barlaston (not spelled Barleston. Barlaston is a small town so he quickly found many, many records of the Candland family in the Barlaston parish register. Unfortunately I didn't have time to capture the information before I ran out of time at Utah's Family History Library but I will be going back in Spring and will be sure to share what I find with everyone here!

No comments: